To the west of the tower of St. Augustine is the Royal Chapel dedicated to St. Anthony, the national saint of Portugal and held in great veneration by the Portuguese. It was built in the beginning of the seventeenth century.
In 1835 the chapel was closed, but opened again in 1894, when it was renovated. It was inaugurated again in 1961 after complete restoration was done by the Portuguese Government.
Content sourced from asigoacircle.gov.in