An experienced Arts & Crafts Professional; lifelong student of different cultures and art-forms; Passionate Promoter of Indian culture, its richness and its heritage.Art Instructor and Treasurer at ‘The Art Centre’ of Petroleum Development Oman (PDO, a Shell group company) from 2009 till leaving Oman in 2015.
– Five year’s Long service Badge for British Girlguide in Foreign Countries.
– Guiness Book Record Certificate as one of the participants for Mother India Crochet 2015.
– Professional Feltmaker : Learned this special technique in Scotland of making felt from Australian Merino wool. Member of International Society of Felt Makers.
Ø Professional Decoupeur :
Decoupage is an ancient technique to decorate and preserve household or other objects with overlay of paper, Decoglue and varnish till it gets an effect of painting or inlay work.
– Enriched own decoupage techniques through knowledge exchange with various artistes in UK, Paris and Germany.
– Promoting it as an upcycling technique for waste and other objects.
– Conducting Workshops to teach the art. Taught more than 100 students from various countries till date.
– Successful workshops arranged at ‘The International Centre’ Goa in June 2015 and February 2016.
– Took weekly classes teaching decoupage at the PDO Art Centre.
– Treasurer & Art Instructor at the Art Centre, PDO Muscat Oman, 2009-2015
-Responsible for the Art Centre’s finances and financial decisions as also for presenting its annual budget.
– Took initiative to open the Art Centre for young Art lovers.
– Actively taught and promoted Malaysian Batik, painting, Air-dried clay pottery classes at the Art Centre
– Took Kids craft classes and Kids Summer Camp for two years.
– Arranged Christmas camps at the Art Center which was well loved by all the kids.
– Independent Art & Crafts Professional
– Worked as Visiting Art Instructor with Dar Al Maruj / Oman Heritage Gallery at Muscat, Oman
– Conducted workshops to teach Bandej (Tie & Dye) with Omani Dies, Handmade paper making for ladies, kids from different nationalities.
– Started Diwali Camps for children in Muscat & Abu Dhabi, a novel concept at the time.
-Taught the significance of each day of Diwali, along with the art and craft appropriate for the occasion. Children loved making lanterns (Akash Kandil), Forts and Diyas from clay, ecofriendly rangoli and many such interesting items.
-Active Promoter of Indian Culture & Heritage
– Showcased the history of Indian Saree, its various types and wearing techniques to International audience in Muscat for last 8 years.
– Conceived and Presented ‘PRIYADARSHANI’ – a delightful presentation on how to wear a sari, meaning of 16 adornments of an Indian bride. This show was in association with American Women’s Group, Oman in 2011.
– Conceived and Presented ‘PARINEETA & 16 Adornments of a Woman’. An informative and demonstrative presentation of the 6 yard and 9 yard sari. Aimed at an international audience in association with the American Women’s Group, Oman. It was so popular that I was called to present it frequently from 2011 till 2016.
– Thought to drape a saree for more than 100 European and American ladies.
– Bridal Show and Fashion Show for Children – Conceived and Produced a show for the annual program of Maharashtra Mandal which was so well received that repeat performances were arranged for Indian Social Club, UAE and for Indian Embassy UAE. Choreography, script, music, and direction, all aspects were handled alone by me and the whole program of 25 minutes had 52 children ranging from 3 to 12 years.
– Grand Dandiya Evening – in association with Maharashtra Mandal and Gujarati Mandal – acted as sponsorship manager (measure of successful handling- have received calls to handle the post again this year).
– Started Handmade paper classes and up cycling classes for kids
– One of the founder member of Goan Wing Indian Social Center and Committee member of Goan community of Oman.
– Organized Decopoudge classes in Goa at The International Center Goa . MOG.
– Organized Decopoudge workshop for 60 plus ladies.
– Doing Decopoudge on Goan Heritage Pottery is my initiative. And love doing that.
Ø Experienced Event Organiser :
Successfully arranged events for companies and charity organizations.
– Co-ordinator –The International Market Place, at PDORC, 2007-2009, 2011
Overall in-charge for ‘The Market Place’, the signature charity event of the Recreation Centre, PDO. About 25 countries participated with 20 Nationality Food Stalls, 50 Commercial Stalls, 50 Craft stalls, with cultural music and dances. Introduced Royal Oman Police band to open the event. Achieved a record collection of OMR 17,767 (around Rs. 27 lakhs) for various charities in 2009 through this event.
– Special Project Director for AWG (American Women’s Group) – Arranged Holiday Bazaar for three successful years. Money raised with this event was given to —
a. 2010 – First Children’s Library of Oman.
b. 2011 – Disabled Society of Oman
c. 2011 – Early Intervention Centre of Oman.
d. 2012 – Oman Cancer Awareness
e. 2013 – PETRA, NACA, Early Intervention Centre
f. 2014 – Three to Four Charities in Oman
g. 2015 – COD, Centre for Special Needs, Oman Society Road Safety,
h. 2016 – NACA, Centre for Special Needs
– Arranged two events for Nivea’s NUXE brand.
– Arranged Bazaar in Bareeq Al Shatti Mall, Muscat for small businesses and local ladies doing business from their home.
– Nestle Cooking Competition – managed single handedly all the aspects from liaising with Nestle and convincing them to sponsor the event, to advertising and managing the competitors, venue and prizes etc.
– Kids Variety Entertainment Program Sponsored by Pepsi – similar profile like the Nestle event.
1. Masters in Taxation and Auditing.
2. Certified Tax Consultant by CBDT, India.
3. Qualified Girlguide Leader for BGIFC.
I left India in the year 2001 and went to Muscat Oman .There was no personal taxation so my taxation background I have to keep aside for sometime. So Started summer camps for the kids.Craft with festivals. Diwali camps.I joined PDO Art Center and then no looking back.
First time started kids art classes at PDO Art Center.Back to India end of 2015 and now planning to start my own art studio for kids in Goa.We Sanzagiri’s are originally from Arambol.