Kokum is also known as garcinia indica. Kokum kadhi is a beverage consumed everday in Goa.It is enjoyed as appetizer. It also tastes great with Goan parboiled rice. This drink is cooling refreshing helps in food digestion and many people drink sol kadi after eating a heavy meal in Goa. Homemade summer drinks have become very trendy in most Indian bones made with ingredients available during that season. Kokum has enormous properties that are beneficial to health.
3-4 servings. Time : 20-30 mints
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1-2 green chillies
4-5 garlic pods
1 freshly grated coconut
taste salt as per taste
- Soak kokum in half cup of warm water for thirty minutes.
- Grind freshly grated coconut along with green chilli, garlic, salt and cumin seeds add water as require strain coconut milk in a bowl.
- Squeeze and remove kokum out of the water you will get a thick concentrated kokum juice.
- Add kokum juice to the coconut milk.please check and adjust according to your taste.
- This digestive and refreshing drink of goan cusine is ready to serve