On the southern outskirts of Old Goa is a HI on which stand this convent and church. Built of laterite, plastered with Iime-mortar, the plain looking church and the single-storeyed convent, with numerous cells are now in ruins. The church, specially built in 1619 to house the Cross of Miracles, having crumbled, the present church was built on the same spot in 1674. The Convent housed the congregation of the Oratory of Philip Neri of Goa. In 1835, the church and the convent were abandoned. The Cross of Miracles was transferred to a chapel in the Se Cathedral in 1845.
Content sourced from asigoacircle.gov.in