Nothing remains of the Church of the Carmelites built in 1621, except the façade and a raised pavement which served as an altar. It is located to the south-east of the Church of St. Cajetan on a hill more or less contiguous to the hill on which the Chapel of Our Lady of the Mount stands. The Carmelites, upon their refusal to take the oath of allegiance to the king, were expelled from Goa in 1707. The church fell into disuse and ruins soon after.
Content sourced from asigoacircle.gov.in